Our members share wide-ranging interests in the history and preservation of antique radio.
Through our meetings and newsletters, we discuss the collection, restoration and appreciation of
vintage hardware, old wireless communications systems and archaic technologies, their obsolescence notwithstanding.
Next OVRC Meeting
Wednesday, 14 September 2022
Meeting Starts - 7:30 PM
This will be a combined LIVE
and On-Line ZOOM
Topic - Radio Repair Clinic
**Bring in your radios and we'll try to fix them on the spot**
Members are welcome to join the meeting at our normal venue, or On-Line.
Please attend in-person, on location, only if you are healthy, without Covid symptoms (or any other symptoms for that matter).
The James Bartleman Centre
100 Tallwood Drive, Ottawa - Map
If you wish to attend On-Line, review your recent email, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
for the link, and study How to Zoom for OVRC
Meetings Calendar - 2022
OVRC On-Line Silent Auction
The Spring OVRC On-Line Silent Auction
Next OVRC Live Auction
Sunday, 16 October 2022
Doors Open - 12:00 PM
Auction Starts - 1:00 to 1:30 PM
to be sold must be pre-registered no later than the day before the auction.
Auction Rules and Information
Canterbury Community Centre
2185 Arch Street, Ottawa - Map
We're on YouTube
Featured video collections include:
- Vintage Radio Restoration
- Electromechanical Television - 6 episodes by Professor Barker
- Hands-on History
The monthly Zoom columns are working well. We'd like another columnist or two and a meeting sponsor.
- Tell us about a radio you repaired
- Test equipment
- Quirky circuit of the month. (Tell us about relaxation oscillators, negative resistance oscillators, ratio detectors, multivibrators, tunnel diodes, reflex receivers…)
- Tube of the month
- My collection (for those of you with large collections, go thru a part each month)
- Non-radio vintage electronics (organs, theremins, diathermy, haring aids, intercoms, computers,…)
- Recorders (tape, wire, cylinder, disk…)
- Important Canadian radio stations
- Technology museums
- Military electronics
- Wartime electronics
- Ham radio for non-hams
- Cabinet repair
Recent OVRC Meetings
Topical images and supplemental links from recent meetings can be found on the home page Annex